Carlos Munoz drove for Andretti Autosport in IndyCar and finished 8th in the championship. Here are Carlos’s answers to 5 Questions:
1. Who is your toughest competitor on the track?
I think, in IndyCar, all the drivers are so competitive. I think all of them are my toughest competitors. You saw last year that anyone could win a race.
2. Outside of motorsports, what is your favorite sport to watch?
I love to watch soccer. My favorite teams to watch are my country’s team and also Real Madrid. But here in America I love to watch the NBA Playoffs. I really enjoyed it, especially because a lot of the games are in May so I spent a lot of time unwinding in the nights watching it.
3. In regards to racing, what is the biggest lesson you learned in 2014?
I think from my mistakes, you know? That’s where I learned the most. For sure I made mistakes, for example in Barber or Texas. I think I’ve learned from that and won’t do it again this year.
4. What is the coolest thing a fan has ever done for you?
One of my favorite fans makes me pictures and little bracelets, things she’s drawn for me; I think it’s really special. The IndyCar fans are really nice to everyone and have been awesome to me
5. What is your favorite race track and why?