PJ Groenke drove in the TCB class of the Pirelli World Challenge last season for Shea Racing and finished 6th in the championship. In 2015, PJ will be driving the TCB class for PJ Groenke Racing driving a MINI Cooper. Here are PJ’s answers to 5 Questions:
1. Who is your toughest competitor on the track?
My toughest competitor on the track is definitely myself. I am a perfectionist and want to win every time I race and that causes me to push too hard at times.
2. Outside of motorsports, what is your favorite sport to watch?
3. In regards to racing, what is the biggest lesson you learned in 2014?
The biggest lesson I learned in 2014 was to keep my emotions in check. I was punted out of second place at Road America and I would have “lost it” in the past, but I kept my cool and finished the race after being pulled out of the gravel trap gathering valuable championship points.
4. What is the coolest thing a fan has ever done for you?
5. What is your favorite race track and why?
My favorite race track has to be Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport). First and foremost is my home track, I have had many amazing races and great success there as I was coming up through the ranks and made a lot of close friends along the way.