Scott Hargrove drove for Cape Motorsports w/Wayne Taylor Racing in his rookie season in Pro Mazda and finished 2nd in the championship. Here are Scott’s answers to 5 Questions:
1. Who is your toughest competitor on the track?
Neil Alberico. We have been team mates for 3 years. When your team mates with someone who is as fast as he is, you have to push 100% all the time. He has incredible race craft, and I’ve learned a lot from him in that regard.
2. Outside of motorsports, what is your favorite sport to watch?
Hockey. I live in Vancouver, BC. What Canadian doesn’t like hockey? Vancouver Canucks all the way, this season is looking promising!
3. In regards to racing, what is the biggest lesson you learned in 2014?
Jump on any opportunity you get. By chance, I got to drive in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada series along side the Pro Mazda series. It turned out to be a great learning experience and opened my eyes to the world of sports car racing.
4. What is the coolest thing a fan has ever done for you?Being in the lower level formula car ranks, its always nice when fans simply remember you from year to year! A few fans brought hero cards of me from years past with them to this years autograph sessions and had me sign them again.
5. What is your favorite race track and why?
I’ll let you know once I’ve driven them all!