Shelby Blackstock drove for Andretti Autosport in Pro Mazda and finished 4th in the championship. Here are Shelby’s answers to 5 Questions:
1. Who is your toughest competitor on the track?
Depending on the year, it would have to be between Matthew Brabham, Spencer Pigot or Scott Hargrove.
2. Outside of motorsports, what is your favorite sport to watch?
Football, golf, baseball and hockey.
3. In regards to racing, what is the biggest lesson you learned in 2014?
No matter what hurdle comes your way, never give up and look at the best in all situations.
4. What is the coolest thing a fan has ever done for you?I was in Germany racing the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and a fan had a hero card of mine and wanted me to sign it. It was really cool to see that I had fans in different countries besides the United States.
5. What is your favorite race track and why?
Depends, in the United States, COTA is my favorite by far! I love the traditional tracks like Sebring, Road America, Road Atlanta and Watkins Glenn, but COTA is a proper race track. It has everything a driver looks for in a race circuit. My favorite race track in the world I would have to say the Nurburgring; it’s just the best, I can’t really explain it.