Zach Veach drove for Andretti Autosport in IndyLights and finished 3rd in the championship. Here are Zach’s answers to 5 Questions:
1. Who is your toughest competitor on the track?
My teammate Matthew Brabham and I really pushed each other this season, so I’d have to say him as well as Gabby Chaves. Gabby and I battled for the championship every weekend and started on the front row together many times. When I was training for the next event, he was my motivation to stop at nothing – he was the guy I wanted to beat.
2. Outside of motorsports, what is your favorite sport to watch?
I’ve never really been a huge sports fan outside of racing, but the one other sport that I’ve always loved watching is hockey. I loved going to Blue Jackets games when I lived in Ohio and now the Indy Fuel.
3. In regards to racing, what is the biggest lesson you learned in 2014?
For me the biggest lesson I learned was how important it was to believe in yourself. I went into this season with a whole new way of thinking and approached every race weekend with the confidence believing that I had the opportunity to win. It changed everything for me, and I’m using what I learned as I try to find funding for the 2015 IndyCar season.
4. What is the coolest thing a fan has ever done for you?
5. What is your favorite race track and why?