Feature: 5 Questions With Jay Horak
Jay Horak drove for M1 Racing in Pro Mazda and finished 18th in the championship. Here are Jay’s answers to 5 Questions:
1. Who is your toughest competitor on the track?
Greg Delgarn. We got into racing about the same time and raced sedans together. He always was in the fight and really understood the cars. It’s a pleasure to race against somebody at this technical level who can build a very competitive car.
2. Outside of motorsports, what is your favorite sport to watch?
Skateboarding. I’ve have too many years of riding one. I still find time to ride once in a while. But watching the big air jumps on X-Games is insane.
3. In regards to racing, what is the biggest lesson you learned in 2014?
Seat time is essential. This year forced my hand on how much testing I could do, or the lack there of, actually. I was taking too much time getting up to speed at the car’s limits. Last year I was a slower driver but I had more seat time. If I had the same time this year, I would have been much faster.
4. What is the coolest thing a fan has ever done for you?
I’m not really fan worthy but I do love the occasional pictures with the kids. They beam with joy to meet race car drivers.
5. What is your favorite race track and why?
Circuit of Americas. What a technical track!