Jason Rabe drove a handful of races in Pro Mazda in 2014 for M1 Racing. Here are his answers to 5 Questions:
1. Who is your toughest competitor on the track?
I’d say that I’m my toughest competitor. I’m always challenging myself to be better and get quicker every time I strap into a race car. I’m also trying to obtain personal goals on and off the track.
2. Outside of motorsports, what is your favorite sport to watch?
There are other sports besides racing? Seriously, I really enjoy watching the NFL on Sundays, particularly the New England Patriots!
3. In regards to racing, what is the biggest lesson you learned in 2014?
I’d say the chemistry between engineers and setting the car up. I’ve driven several different race cars with several different team this season, and it’s very important to figure that out quickly.
4. What is the coolest thing a fan has ever done for you?
Anytime a fan wants to take a picture or get an autograph, I’m very humbled. Especially when a young kid wants one, because that was me at one point. Racers were like superheroes to me.
5. What is your favorite race track and why?
That’s a tough one; I’ve been to a lot of great tracks this season! So if I have to pick between Road Atlanta, VIR, Mid-Ohio, Indianapolis or Watkins Glen… I’m old school, so I’ll pick Watkins Glen. The Glen is super fast, flows well, has lots of elevation, not much room for error, and it’s historic!